Post-Master's Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate Program
The Department of Nursing offers the Post-Master's Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate Program for students who completed a master's of science degree in nursing. The certificate of advanced practice is designed for those individuals with a master's degree in nursing who wish to expand their practice into the role of a family nurse practitioner. The PM-FNP specialty area prepares nurses to provide comprehensive care that includes health promotion, maintenance and restoration for persons across the life span.
Depending on educational background and previous coursework in master's program, students accepted into the PM-FNP certificate program are required to take as few as 3 and as many as 12 courses or 12-39 credits. Successful completion of the required curriculum qualifies the RN to sit for the Family Nurse Practitioner Certification Examination.
Our nurse practitioner graduates continue to excel on the national certification exam and are well-received in the regional community. We plan to continue to provide premier nurse practitioner education. Course descriptions are found at http://www.unh.edu/grad-catalog/1213/grad-nurs-1213.htm.
Post-Master's FNP Certificate Program:
- 810, Families in Health and Illness, 3 cr
- 907, Advanced Pharmacology, 3 cr.
- 908, Clinical Application of Human Physiology, 3 cr.
- 909, Advanced Health and Illness Appraisal, 3 cr.
- 925, Health Care Systems and Leadership, 3 cr.
- 935, Primary Care of Families I, 3 cr.
- 936, Practicum in the Primary Care of Families I, 3 cr. (168 clinical hours)
- 937, Primary Care of Families II, 3 cr.
- 938, Practicum in the Primary Care of Families II, 3 cr. (168 clinical hours)
- 939, Seminar and Practicum in the Primary Care of Families III, 6 cr. (336 clinical hours)
- 944, Population Health Promotion and Risk Reduction, 3 cr.
- 951, Clinical Epidemiology and Decision Analysis, 3 cr.
Total Credits: 12-39
- Academic Programs
- Undergraduate Program
- R.N. Baccalaureate Program
- Graduate Program
- Direct Entry Master’s in Nursing
- Post-Master’s FNP Certificate Program
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
- Nursing Home
- Major Declaration
- STTI Honor Society
- Contact Us