Post-Master’s Certificate Admission Requirements
The certificate of advanced practice is designed for those individuals with a master’s degree in nursing who wish to expand their practice into the role of family nurse practitioner.
The family nurse practitioner specialty area prepares nurses to provide comprehensive care that includes health promotion, maintenance and restoration for persons across the life span. These practitioners will be able to provide the broad range of clinical preventive services to those who are health or at risk, as well as manage common episodic illnesses, injuries and chronic illnesses. Successful completion of the required curriculum qualifies the RN to sit for the Family Nurse Practitioner Certification Examination.
Contact: Nursing Department
Application Deadlines: Nursing has specific deadlines: November 1 (spring admission) and April 1 (fall admission). Nursing does not accept applications for summer admission.
Applying: In addition to the standard graduate school requirements the nursing department requires:
- Student must hold unencumbered active RN license in the United States and have a master's degree in nursing.
- In addition the applicant should submit two letters of reference. References should be substantial with one academic, if available, and one current professional with graduate education background.
- A course description should be submitted for any course you request waived.
Click here to visit the UNH Graduate School PM-NP application requirements and to apply http://www.gradschool.unh.edu/pbacc.html. Use the on line primary certificate program application if you are not currently enrolled in another certificate program at UNH; use the paper secondary certificate program application if you are currently enrolled in another certificate program at UNH.
- Academic Programs
- Undergraduate Program
- R.N. Baccalaureate Program
- Graduate Program
- Direct Entry Master’s in Nursing
- Post-Master’s FNP Certificate Program
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
- Nursing Home
- Major Declaration
- STTI Honor Society
- Contact Us