Programs of Study
Evidence Based Nursing
The evidence based nursing track focuses on developing advanced generalist nursing practice in a focused area of study, promoting interdisciplinary collaboration, fostering life-long learning, and prepares students for the leading edge of health care knowledge and delivery. Students strengthen knowledge and skills in clinical decision-making, application of nursing interventions, and ability to critique and appropriately use evidence as a foundation for practice. In this graduate track, students study nursing as an applied discipline advancing their knowledge of theoretical perspectives for clinical practice, with an emphasis on leadership, the cultural, social and political context of health and illness, and quality improvement methodologies. Students are mentored in the enactment of leadership strategies to improve quality care in nursing practice through an intensive clinical practicum. NURS 956, as the capstone course for the evidence-based nursing track, the student will be required to complete a scholarly project under the direction of a faculty member in collaboration with agency preceptor. Formal presentation is required.
- 900, The Discipline of Nursing, 3 cr.
- 901, Nursing and Change in Health Services, 3 cr.
- 960, Translating Research for Evidence Based Practice, 3 cr.
Specialty courses are as follows:
- 908, Clinical Application of Human Physiology, 3 cr.
- 909, Health and Illness Appraisal, 3 cr.
- 925, Health Care Systems and Leadership, 3 cr.
- 944, Population Health and Risk Reduction, 3 cr.
- 951, Clinical Epidemiology and Decision Analysis, 3 cr.
- 953, Promoting Quality Management, 2 cr.
- 955, Practicum in Advanced Nursing Practice, 3 cr. (112 clinical hours)
- 956, Capstone Project Seminar, 3 cr.
Total Credits: 32
- Academic Programs
- Undergraduate Program
- R.N. Baccalaureate Program
- Graduate Program
- Direct Entry Master’s in Nursing
- Post-Master’s FNP Certificate Program
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
- Nursing Home
- Major Declaration
- STTI Honor Society
- Contact Us